Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 5 maintain gait ol
Circle on 45' line. Started w point to point and driving Jesse. Lots of distractions with wind, tractor, obstacles,etc. She would offer a lap and then stop. I brought her in at first to b sure to do the relationship thing but then sent her again. When I required more of her she pitched a mini tantrum and went on adrenaline. I said, "let me help u" that didn't last long. Stopped and rested til she licked her lips after two quality laps with nice expression at trot. Rode and planned to focus on purity of gait ; circle at trot around cone. Difficult with this lbi. I was there for over an hour but didn't get frustrated; repeated the 8 princliples to myself and stuck with it. Stopped at cone when she stopped pulling me toward home every pass and got softer. Long rest. She went a bit introverted and I waited with her. Big breakthrough for me not giving up, doubting myself or getting mad. Whew! Undemanding time back at home after moseying slowly home and stopping for grass outside arena:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment