Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 2 Relaxation Results - Cow work

Seems like the maintain gait and relaxation programs I'm using this week are helping me more than my horse:-) I feel like she's saying..."finally! Now let's have some fun:-)" We've been given the opportunity to help with the cows on the ranch where I board, which is an amazing opportunity for me to have a reason for my LBI mare to do things since I'm still not so creative. So, we were helping to move the herd and sort some calves out. Whoa! We've been doing this since April 2009 and today my horse really go into the sorting! So fun! I would focus on the calf to move and she was there pinning her ears and even nipping a bit to get them moving. I am realizing lately how I still get in her way and micromanage. It's my nature and I may always be challenged with it, but I got a glimpse of what it can be like if I can get it right:-) I used the partial disengagement when she went for a bit of grass while we were riding out to the cows and didn't get frustrated. She never got on adrenaline, so I didn't need it too much for relaxation. The arena is where that's really gonna help. And maybe at the lake when the ducks are around; they freak her out!

Next up: Day 3 maintain gait OL and Day 3 Freestyle Relaxation. Watched the savvy club dvd on purity of gait again with Linda and Allure. Thinking I should add the purity of gait program to my days of OL purity of gait. This will provide change and two Freestyle options for me each day (relaxation and purity of gait). Let's see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment