Saturday, December 18, 2010

Parelli is a WAY OF LIFE!!

I had a session with David Lichman yesterday and am still amped! It was so inspiring I could hardly sleep last night! I was doing lots of remembering to be sure I don't forget the lessons learned and strategies he gave me...plus the incredible feel! My LBI stuck with it for over 3 hours...of course due to the strategies! We had fun the whole time and I even did liberty in the big arena...within minutes David had my horse so connected to me. We were singing and dancing to the music and I could barely conceal my pure joy! People were having fun just watching:-) I realized that was probably the biggest compliment I could get; to have people who couldn't help but watch because it looked like so much fun. Some horse people, some non horse people. No matter who they were, they could see the fun and joy and wanted to take it in. That was an amazing feeling! This is what it's all about and how any horse clinic or lesson should go. It made me appreciate again the difference in Parelli...it's a lifestyle and WAY MORE THAN RIDING!! I said to David, "I feel like jumping up and down and can hardly contain myself!" He said, "Do it! Let your horse feel your joy." I've had experiences with this horse in this arena where things went downhill so far, so fast because the standard way of thinking is to push and push the horse. I had some scary moments in that arena, but not anymore. The gift in those difficult moments was that they made me commit to Parelli and not ever having those types of moments with my horse again. What a different life I live today; the sky is the limit! I'm so very thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment